With our experience in operating one of the largest seismological networks in the world, NORSAR is able to provide expertise in the design of instrumental solutions for a large variety of tasks.
This includes the selection and customization of monitoring instruments, the conceptualization of a proper monitoring plan, supporting software development as well as handling, transmission and analysis of recorded data.
NORSAR’s core competence is on monitoring earthquakes, induced seismicity and nuclear/non-nuclear explosions. This expertise can further be applied for many industry-related applications such as:
- Site response estimation studies (geotechnical applications)
- Evaluation of subsurface conditions (soil stratigraphy, depth to bedrock)
- Site classification following international seismic design codes
- Estimation of site amplification potential as well as topographic amplification
- Dynamic system identification (civil engineering applications)
- Accurate dynamic system identification for calibrating the structural models
- Instrumental identification of eigenmodes
- Vibration monitoring of (free-field) sites, buildings or infrastructure facilities (e.g. tunnels, railroads)
- Development of customized solutions for seismic monitoring and data analysis
- Short- and long-term vibration monitoring of various impacts (earthquake, explosions, wind, etc)
- Identification of the actual performance of structure
- Damage detection for post‐event condition assessment
NORSAR is working together with a variety of instrument manufacturers in many parts of the world.