NORSAR-2D Ray-Modelling is the powerful, industry standard tool for 2D ray-trace modelling to understand seismic wave propagation.
NORSAR-2D Ray Modelling is a powerful tool to better understand your seismic data. You can evaluate your model by comparing synthetic results with the actual seismics or the interpretations. The model can be quickly updated to improve the match. Complicated tectonic structures and lateral or vertical velocity changes are modelled with great ease. NORSAR-2D includes depth conversion by means of ray tracing. Realistic interval velocities can be estimated from inversion of stacking velocities.
- Is a powerful package for ray-based seismic modelling and depth conversion.
- Is flexible, fast, accurate and user-friendly.
- Is ideal for training, teaching, research, as well as industry-scale projects.
Some of the applications:
- Build and depth-convert 2D models.
- Plan and evaluate surveys.
- 2D illumination studies.
- Ray path, event, and attribute analysis.
- AVO/AVA analysis.
- Understand reflections in seismic sections.
- Understand shadow zones in seismic sections.
- 2D seismic processing support.
Ray Path Analysis
Improve your understanding of ray propagation in isotropic or anisotropic models. Identify and analyse primaries, multiples, and multiple ray paths using re-tracing functionality.
Generate full elastic simulations of shot gathers and zero-offset sections. Take diffractions and mode conversions into account, and simulate multi-component recording.
Seismic Event Analysis
Analyse event attributes including AVA and AVO behaviour using cross-plotting, re-tracing, event sub-selection, and ASCII event export.