NORSAR Software Suite 2019 introduces the advanced and powerful NORSAR-2D Ray Modelling tool in a completely new user-friendly wrapping. It is the first step towards a full integration in the NORSAR Software Suite framework.
This first version unveils a sophisticated 2D Model Builder, supported on both Linux and Windows. The 2D Model Builder is available in all versions of NORSAR Software Suite.
In addition, NORSAR-3D is extended with support for fiber optics (DAS) modelling and new functionality for VSP modelling. Several improvements and bug fixes are also included.
2D Model Builder
- A completely new tool to build 2D ray tracing models.
- Fully integrated digitizing tool using a background image.
- Convert seamless from 2D to a 2.5D model. Use 3D interactive tracing.
- New VSP-DAS filter. Filter by incident angle to the DAS cable.
- Display VSP attributes along a well.
Event Attribute Extractor
- Export computed incident angle to the DAS cable.
- Apply filter on the incident angle before exporting.
- Export relative amplitude response along DAS cable.
- Associate the exported attributes with the individual shots and receivers. Allows the attributes to be used on shot and receiver level in MESA Survey design.
- Added subselection of PSDM simulation results when exporting as SEG-Y cubes.
- Added option for scaling PSDM simulation results when exporting as SEG-Y cubes.
- Added option for resampling PSDM simulation results when exporting as SEG-Y cubes.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Improved re-tracing in the Wavefront tracer, IRAY and Flowerplot.
- Improved Color bar handling. The user can now click directly on the color bar to change settings.
- Fixed wrong units for the model box in the single block model builder.
- Fixed wrong units in make analytic property grid.
- Fixed crash when clipping property inside block in the general model builder.
- Fixed that extrapolation of an interface could distort the interface grossly.
- Fixed issues with smoothing of S-wave velocities.
- Fixed that was not able to make a receiver sub-selection in workflows.
- Fixed slow workflow list update if large survey.
- Fixed error in grid layer cake model if too long interface names
- Improved interface intersection (cut) in the general model builder.
In addition: Many minor stability fixes and improved help.