This is a bugfix and stability improvement release for SeisRoX.
This is a bugfix and stability improvement release.
It fixes the following issues in SeisRoX:
- Crash in Trimesh import (Gocad Format)
- Bug in 2nd derivative plots for NORSAR-3D models and property cubes
- Plotting large NORSAR-3D models caused delays when plotting/unplotting other smaller objects
- Grid layer cake model builder: Bug when using velocity gradients in the lowermost layer
- Grid layer cake model builder: wrong gradient units
- Inconsistency in mouse rotation in the viewer
- Maximized polar plots popping up
- Turning off Active shot in survey plot options caused a void in the survey display where we can expect a shot displayed as other shots.
- Add option to select rotation direction in viewer when rotating with mouse movement
- Time-depth conversion on surfaces in object list
- Sometimes crashes in final task in a Full-field run when only one illumination point
- In Full-field workflows when only one illumination point, resulting seismic cube is too large
- In Full-field runs, it could happen that illumination points did not completely cover the target, causing no seismic response where that was expected
- When using homogenous background models, it was possible to specify Eikonal sampling, despite using analytic computations
- When copying a Full-field workflow, and then changing the original workflow, an error occured that results could not be cleaned up because of dependencies
- Full-field workflows: Can setup 2D target, not handled by process
- Full-field workflows: Inline-Crossline defined target box was wrong
- Full-field workflows: UTM option for target box is wrong. Removed
- Missing right-click menus on SeisRoX utility workflows
- Added warning that wavelets are zero-phased in the SeisRoX processes
- Added possibility to generate PSFs and Filters after workflow was run
This is a bugfix and stability improvement release.
It fixes several issues for the Full-field workflow:
- Target cubes larger than 3 GB were corrupted on writing to file
- Process stops if some shots are outside the model when tracing part is finished
- Data cleanup problems if only one GF
- Clean intermediate results if target geometry changed (only cleaned up workflow data before.) Could lead to inconsistency.
- Combined tracer/full-field progress monitor. Display tracer logs.
In addition minor bugfixes and improvements.
SeisRoX 2016.1 is a major upgrade of SeisRoX. It utilizes the advanced and proven NORSAR-3D Ray Tracer which is now embedded in the SeisRoX workflows. Also, new background model building tools are introduced, and performance is significantly improved by optimized calculation and parallel processing capabilities. In addition the GUI is improved and re-organized to be more user friendly.
The new SeisRoX is fully integrated in the NORSAR Software Suite platform and is available in two different configurations: Basic and Pro. SeisRoX Basic is part of SeisRoX Pro. The Pro version is the upgrade version for existing users.
SeisRoX is released under Linux and Windows
SeisRoX is backward compatible with older versions of SeisRoX project data.
SeisRoX Basic is a flexible, efficient and easy-to-use seismic modelling software which rapidly simulates the seismic response of geological reservoir models including the effects of a complex 3D overburden and source-receiver illumination/resolution effects.
SeisRoX Basic focuses on a local scale and contains three types of workflows:
- Analytic workflows: Tools to do fast track modelling when background model or survey is not available or to study the effect of a user-designed PSDM filter
- Four different local-target workflows to do complete PSDM simulations with background model and survey
- Utility workflows for generating property cubes and time-convolution (1D)
SeisRoX Pro includes all the Basic functionality, and in addition it contains a full-field PSDM simulation workflow. With the Pro version, larger scale modelling is done by utilizing space-varying Point Spread Functions. Detailed studies of the space-varying PSF's can be done with the new PSF focusing map.
SeisRoX Pro also includes Rock Physics transformations to describe and calculate the relationship between geological properties and the effective (average) elastic and seismic properties to be used in the modelling. With the Rock Physics functionality the seismic response of rock property changes can be studied.
In addition minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 3.0.2 is a maintenance release with a focus on improving data import and upgrading the general rock physics framework:
CO2 is introduced as an additional fluid to be handled by rocks in order to estimate elastic properties of reservoir models.
Import of reservoir models from various sources is now facilitated by a newly established Petrel link that supports efficient data exchange between SeisRoX and Petrel.
Import of seismic or property cubes in SEG-Y format is significantly improved by a new import module that applies a new generation of the automatic topology analyser and allows for trace header review, selection, and scaling.
In addition, bug and stability fixes as well as minor improvements were done, such as adding maximum frequency information to generated wavelets in order to facilitate workflow setup and result analysis.
- CO2 as a fully integrated additional fluid in rocks. Setup of rocks now allows for including information on CO2 content, which may have strong impact on the derived elastic properties.
Petrel plugin - NEW
- Efficient model exchange between SeisRoX and Petrel
Upgraded SEG-Y import
- Much improved import of seismic or property cubes.
- New generation of the automatic topology analyser.
- SEG-Y trace header review, selection and scaling.
- Maximum frequency information added to generated synthetic wavelets.
Reflectivity Viewer - NEW
- Added new reflectivity viewer where reflectivity can be plotted as a function of incident angle.
1D Model Editor
- Added visualization of the model being edited.
Version 3.0.1 is a maintenance release with improvements in functionality and bugfixes.
- Crash when reading large Illumination Vector files fixed
- Minor validity check problem for SeisRoX Full-field workflows fixed
- Minor improvements in Full-field process error messages
- More robust full-field process (e.g., option to limit number of parallel processes)
- Full-Field N3D background model process fix to avoid unnecessary re-tracing
- Enable interactive clipping of SeisRoX horizon models
- Fixed crash when plotting horizon models with large densely sampled horizons
- Fixed crash when plotting seismic data with name containing "."
- Small modifications in Full-field PSF display
- Improved update of model horizon display after a model has been edited
Cube Import and Seismic Import
- More robust analysis of densely sampled rotated SEGY cubes
- Fixes in file information preview for large SEGY cubes
- Added option to generate new surveys: Project shots/receivers onto surfaces
In addition, minor bug fixes and improvements.
This release is a major update of SeisRoX. It introduces the Full-field workflow for PSDM simulation of large reservoir models using spatially varying Points Spread Functions.
The built-in parallel processing capabilities together with the 64-bit architecture makes it feasible to perform large simulations on a laptop.
The release also introduces functionality to import surveys (SPS, P1/90, and ASCII), a new VSP walk above survey generator, a wavelet ASCII import and a synthetic wavelet generator. In addition bug and stability fixes and minor improvements.
- A new Full-field workflow for PSDM simulation of large reservoir models
- Built-in parallel processing capabilities
- Redefined workflow categories:
- Local-target PSDM simulator (previously part of SeisRoX workflows)
- Full-field PSDM Simulator (new)
- Utility (previously part of SeisRoX workflows)
- Support for import of ASCII, SPS and P1/90 surveys
- A new VSP walk-above survey generator using imported wells
- New ASCII wavelet import
- New synthetic wavelet generator
- New analytic surface generator
- Import and display of seismic cubes for comparison with modelled data
- FlexNet 11.11 support
- 32-bit and 64-bit Linux and Windows support
This is a bugfix release.
- Improved handling of I-vector files > 2GB
- Fixed handling of complex filters
This is a bugfix release.
- Rock Calibration workflow fixed.
- Fixed storing of workflow so results are not deleted.
- Fixed export of SEG-Y in case of Angle Range option. The sum of angle ranges is now exported.
- Handling of property names with colon or stars on Windows.
- Fixed reflectivity calculations in cube models.
- Improved property gridding.
This release is focused on extended rock physics functionality. In addition, coil survey and illumination vector combiner are introduced. In addition many bug fixes, stability fixes and minor improvements.
- Utilize up to 4GB memory on both Linux and Windows
- Option to remove header lines when importing grids
- Introduced option to generate coil surveys
- Introduced new solids, Silt and Clay
- Dry Frame: New equation for Dry bulk modulus and Dry shear modulus: Krief.
- Pressure correction: New equation for Dry bulk modulus and Dry shear modulus: Macbeth.
- New and more flexible import format
- New elastic properties (temporary results from Gassmanns equation):
DRY_BULK, DRY_SHEAR, DRY_RHO, DRY_VP, DRY_VS
SOLID_BULK, SOLID_SHEAR, SOLID_RHO, SOLID_VP, SOLID_VS,
FLUID_BULK, FLUID_SHEAR, FLUID_RHO, FLUID_VP, FLUID_VS
Derived properties (wells, models and rock plotting)
- New elastic properties:
LAMBDA, BULKRHO, LAMBDARHO, SHEARRHO, BULKSHEAR, LAMBDASHEAR
- Introduced option to combine illumination vectors