This is a maintenance release.
This release contains the following updates and fixes:
Common NORSAR Software Suite functionality
SEGY Property import, SEGY Seismic import
- Added option to specify a valid data range for property values also for (velocities and density) (New)
- Importing large cubes (typically 2GB+) sometimes led to write failure when storing the NSS cube, especially on Windows. Now more robust writing.
- On importing non-standard property types, the property type name was blanked out. Fixed now
VSP Survey generator
- Fixed limitation in line length for shot grid surveys
Workflows – general
- Fixes on archiving
- Recovering workflows using the tracer would eventually lead to only one tracer job being run
- Remove value-range in property functions: Now the values in the range are replaced by no-values, not a default, valid constant value.
- Property functions and interfaces can now be stored and removed .
- Clipping of interfaces by polygons is improved.
- Block relations for multi-z-valued interfaces are shown and can be set. “+” and “-“ replaces “Above” and “Below” for this type of interfaces.
- To support the “+” and “-“ specifications, the hot cursor information includes plot of the positive interface unit normal.
- Fixed to make attenuation and Thomsen property functions by interpolation.
- Fixed to load model with non-VTI anisotropy axis of symmetry.
- Removed some unnecessary warnings when a model is checked for validity.
- Minor fixes of user interface details.
- Added functionality
- Calculate Time attribute cubes based on VP in the Local-target PSDM simulation workflow
- Export “Difference cubes” as SEGY based on base, and monitor, time attribute cubes
- Fixed crash when plotting an empty property
- Fixed crash when deactivating "no clipping" in viewer
This is a bugfix release which addresses an issue where in a certain situation the project could become corrupted.
This is a bugfix release which addresses the following issue:
SEG-Y Export for all angle ranges
- Now exports one SEG-Y cube for each angle range specified in the PSDM simulation settings instead of just the summation cube
This is a bugfix release which addresses an issue in the SeisRoX Full-field workflows:
- Crash in SeisRoX Full-field, primarily on high latency file systems, where multiple processes try to create the same directory concurrently, causing a race condition.
This is a maintenance release for SeisRoX.
This is a bugfix and stability improvement release for SeisRoX.
This is a bugfix and stability improvement release.
It fixes the following issues in SeisRoX:
- Crash in Trimesh import (Gocad Format)
- Bug in 2nd derivative plots for NORSAR-3D models and property cubes
- Plotting large NORSAR-3D models caused delays when plotting/unplotting other smaller objects
- Grid layer cake model builder: Bug when using velocity gradients in the lowermost layer
- Grid layer cake model builder: wrong gradient units
- Inconsistency in mouse rotation in the viewer
- Maximized polar plots popping up
- Turning off Active shot in survey plot options caused a void in the survey display where we can expect a shot displayed as other shots.
- Add option to select rotation direction in viewer when rotating with mouse movement
- Time-depth conversion on surfaces in object list
- Sometimes crashes in final task in a Full-field run when only one illumination point
- In Full-field workflows when only one illumination point, resulting seismic cube is too large
- In Full-field runs, it could happen that illumination points did not completely cover the target, causing no seismic response where that was expected
- When using homogenous background models, it was possible to specify Eikonal sampling, despite using analytic computations
- When copying a Full-field workflow, and then changing the original workflow, an error occured that results could not be cleaned up because of dependencies
- Full-field workflows: Can setup 2D target, not handled by process
- Full-field workflows: Inline-Crossline defined target box was wrong
- Full-field workflows: UTM option for target box is wrong. Removed
- Missing right-click menus on SeisRoX utility workflows
- Added warning that wavelets are zero-phased in the SeisRoX processes
- Added possibility to generate PSFs and Filters after workflow was run
This is a bugfix and stability improvement release.
It fixes several issues for the Full-field workflow:
- Target cubes larger than 3 GB were corrupted on writing to file
- Process stops if some shots are outside the model when tracing part is finished
- Data cleanup problems if only one GF
- Clean intermediate results if target geometry changed (only cleaned up workflow data before.) Could lead to inconsistency.
- Combined tracer/full-field progress monitor. Display tracer logs.
In addition minor bugfixes and improvements.
SeisRoX 2016.1 is a major upgrade of SeisRoX. It utilizes the advanced and proven NORSAR-3D Ray Tracer which is now embedded in the SeisRoX workflows. Also, new background model building tools are introduced, and performance is significantly improved by optimized calculation and parallel processing capabilities. In addition the GUI is improved and re-organized to be more user friendly.
The new SeisRoX is fully integrated in the NORSAR Software Suite platform and is available in two different configurations: Basic and Pro. SeisRoX Basic is part of SeisRoX Pro. The Pro version is the upgrade version for existing users.
SeisRoX is released under Linux and Windows
SeisRoX is backward compatible with older versions of SeisRoX project data.
SeisRoX Basic is a flexible, efficient and easy-to-use seismic modelling software which rapidly simulates the seismic response of geological reservoir models including the effects of a complex 3D overburden and source-receiver illumination/resolution effects.
SeisRoX Basic focuses on a local scale and contains three types of workflows:
- Analytic workflows: Tools to do fast track modelling when background model or survey is not available or to study the effect of a user-designed PSDM filter
- Four different local-target workflows to do complete PSDM simulations with background model and survey
- Utility workflows for generating property cubes and time-convolution (1D)
SeisRoX Pro includes all the Basic functionality, and in addition it contains a full-field PSDM simulation workflow. With the Pro version, larger scale modelling is done by utilizing space-varying Point Spread Functions. Detailed studies of the space-varying PSF's can be done with the new PSF focusing map.
SeisRoX Pro also includes Rock Physics transformations to describe and calculate the relationship between geological properties and the effective (average) elastic and seismic properties to be used in the modelling. With the Rock Physics functionality the seismic response of rock property changes can be studied.
In addition minor bug fixes and improvements.